December 6, 2022
RSNA 2022: MIR Highlights from the Windy City
Faculty and trainees from Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology (MIR) at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis traveled to Chicago to attend the 108th Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting. The meeting brought radiology professionals from across the globe to the Windy City to showcase scientific research, further their education and reconnect with colleagues. Here are a few highlights:
- Dennis M. Balfe, MD, professor emeritus of radiology, was awarded the RSNA Outstanding Educator Award.
- Joseph P. Culver, PhD, the Sherwood Moore Professor of Radiology, received the Distinguished Investigator Award from the Academy for Radiology & Biomedical Imaging Research.
- Sanjeev Bhalla, MD, professor of radiology, received the RSNA Lifetime Honored Educator Award.
- David H. Ballard, MD, assistant professor of radiology; Vincent M. Mellnick, MD, professor of radiology; Constantine A. Raptis, MD, professor of radiology; and Anup S. Shetty, MD, associate professor of radiology, received the RSNA Honored Educator Award.
- Mellnick and his team won the plenary session game show, “What’s Your Emergency? Life in the STAT Lane.”
- Ashwin Singh Parihar, MD, instructor in radiology, was named an inaugural Academy Council of Early Career Investigators in Imaging (CECI²) and Quantitative Imaging Biomarkers Alliance (QIBA) Fellow.
- Faculty, trainees and alumni reconnected at the annual MIR at RSNA reception.