Frequently Asked Questions
Regular rates are as follows:
- Federally Supported is $630 per hour
- Industry Sponsored is $945 per hour
- Foundation Funded is $630 per hour
- MIR Funded (see note below) is $630 per hour
Discounted rates are available at the following times:
- Monday through Friday, 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (30% discount)
- Saturday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (30% discount)
- Every day, 12:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. (70% discount)
Scanner room usage times are calculated using a 30-minute minimum with increases rounded up to the next quarter hour after the minimum is met. Charges apply to both research subjects and significant pre-study activities required to get a study launched, including pre-trial or periodic scanning of phantoms.
Applying for a grant:
When applying for a grant, please use this information when requesting funding for MR scans. The projected rates for federally funded studies for each of the following years will be posted as soon as available to assist you in completing your grant applications. An estimated increase of approximately 5% per year is expected.
Open Office 365 Washington University and log in using your WUSTL Key account. Click on the calendar icon in the bottom left corner and then select “Add Calendar” from the dropdown directory. Enter your selected calendar name, highlight the address and open.
- NIL Bay 1 Prisma
- NIL Bay 2 Primsa
- NIL Bay 3 Prisma
- NIL Mock Scanner (everyone has permission to schedule)
To request scanner time, select the bay below and be sure to include the following information:
- Date you’re requesting
- Beginning and ending time
- Requesting PI
- NP protocol number
- Exam room and parking (if needed)
- MRI technologist (if needed)
Note: To release time slots, please send an e-mail to the corresponding bay address.
- The East Building is Washington University badge access only
- Each group is responsible for meeting their participants in the waiting area
- Exam rooms are available for consenting, pre-scan testing, etc.
- No one is allowed to be scanned without a signed consent form and MRI screening form
- All documentation is kept with the P.I.; the facility does not require copies
- Clean up after yourself and be sure to return any equipment back to original settings if you change them
An MRI technologist is available Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., to assist study teams as needed.
If an issue arises, call the MRI technologist at 636-236-5436 between 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.