Skip to content
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology (MIR) faculty and trainees convened in Chicago to share their clinical and scientific work, further their education and connect with other radiology professionals at the 109th Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting.
A few highlights from this year’s conference include:
- Researchers Cyrus A. Raji, MD, PhD, associate professor of radiology, and Mahsa Dolatshahi, MD, a postdoc in Raji’s lab, presented their study findings that link higher levels of visceral fat in midlife to Alzheimer’s disease development.
- Adam Q. Bauer, PhD, Richard Laforest, PhD, Kooresh I. Shoghi, PhD, and Monica Shokeen, PhD, were elected to the Academy for Radiology & Biomedical Imaging Research’s Council of Distinguished Investigators.
- Joseph K. T. Lee, MD (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill), professor emeritus of radiology and MIR residency alumnus, received the RSNA Gold Medal, the society’s highest honor.
- David J. DiSantis, MD (Mayo Clinic), professor of radiology and an alumnus of MIR’s residency and fellowship programs, was honored with the Outstanding Educator Award.
- Vincent M. Mellnick, MD, professor of radiology, received a Lifetime Honored Educator Award, and Ashwin S. Parihar, MD, received an Honored Educator Award for their respective contributions and commitment to radiology education.
- Andrew L. Chang, MD, PhD, PGY-3 resident, and Junie Saint Clair, a medical student in the university’s Summer Research Program, were awarded RSNA grants to fund their scientific ideas while training under senior investigators.
- MIR education leaders Pamela K. Woodard, MD, director of MIR, Martin N. Reis, MD, director of the diagnostic radiology residency program, Naganathan B. Mani, MD, director of the interventional radiology residency program, and Janice W. Semenkovich, MD, chair of the radiology resident selection committee, hosted an information session for medical students who are interested in applying to a radiology residency program.
- Elizabeth G. McFarland, MD, associate professor of radiology, participated in a speed mentoring session for members in training within the American Association for Women in Radiology. Chelsea R. Schmitt, MD, a diagnostic radiology resident, helped coordinate the event.
- Faculty, trainees and alumni reconnected at the annual MIR at RSNA reception.
Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window