Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology offers fellowships in several clinical subspecialties. In addition to intensive training, fellows are responsible for teaching radiology residents and medical students, providing consultation to clinical colleagues, conducting conferences, and maintaining and providing quality control of the teaching files. Fellows also have opportunities for collaborative participation in research and publication with section faculty involved in investigative projects.
- Advanced Abdominal Imaging: Provides advanced training and extensive exposure in body computed tomography, MRI, ultrasound, and gastrointestinal and genitourinary fluoroscopy.
- Breast Imaging: Offers fellows the opportunity to become proficient in all aspects of clinical breast imaging, including screening and diagnostic mammography, ultrasound, MRI, and interventional procedures.
- Cardiothoracic Imaging: Provides a broad experience in all aspects of thoracic imaging, including chest radiography, biopsies, and all facets of computed body tomography and body MRI examinations.
- Musculoskeletal Radiology and Intervention: Covers a broad spectrum of imaging tests for the diagnosis of bone, joint, and soft tissue disorders through radiography, CT, MR, 3D imaging, arthrography and ultrasound. Extensive experience in image-guided interventional procedures is also included.
- Diagnostic Neuroradiology: Employs digital angiography, MRI, CT, PET and ultrasound. A one-year Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology fellowship is available after completion of the Diagnostic Radiology fellowship. A separate Pediatric Neuroradiology subdivision exists within the Pediatric Radiology section.
- Nuclear Medicine/Nuclear Radiology : Although this is ACGME-accredited as a residency, many refer to it as a clinical fellowship. The program is designed to provide intensive clinical training in both adult and pediatric nuclear medicine.
- Pediatric Radiology: Focuses on CT and MRI imaging and includes rotations in both nuclear medicine and interventional radiology.
- Interventional Radiology: Encompasses the entire spectrum of vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology.