Washington University School of Medicine
Department of Radiology
Campus Box 8225
510 S. Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO 63110
4402C Clinical Sciences Research Building
Associate Professor of Radiology
My research focuses on the development of novel molecular probes for preclinical and translational imaging and therapy.
- Development of nanoparticle based agents for pre-clinical imaging and therapy
- Preparation of small molecule and peptide agents for PET imaging
- Assessment of Cherenkov imaging for biomedical applications
- GMP production of biomolecules for translational research
- Mahmoud Elsabahy, Ang Li, Fuwu Zhang, Deborah Sultan, Yongjian Liu, Karen L. Wooley. Differential immunotoxicities of poly(ethylene glycol) vs. poly(carboxybetaine)-coated nanoparticles. J Controlled Release, 172: 641-652, 2013. PMID: 24056145
- Yucai Wang, Kvar C.L. Black, Hannah Luehmann, Weiyang Li, Yu Zhang, Xin Cai, Dehui Wan, Si-Yun Liu, Max Li, Paul Kim, Zhi-Yuan Li, Lihong V. Wang, Yongjian Liu, Younan Xia. Comparison study of gold nanohexapods, nanorods, and nanocages for photothermal cancer treatment. ACS Nano, 7: 2068-2077, 2013.
- Yongfeng Zhao, Deborah Sultan, Lisa Detering, Sangho Cho, Guorong Sun, Richard Pierce, Karen L. Wooley, Yongjian Liu. Copper-64-alloyed gold nanoparticles for cancer imaging: Improved radiolabel stability and diagnostic accuracy. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 53: 156-159, 2014.
- Hannah P. Luehmann, Eric D. Pressly, Lisa Detering, Cynthia Wang, Richard Pierce, Pamela K. Woodard, Robert J. Gropler, Craig J. Hawker, Yongjian Liu. PET/CT Imaging of chemokine receptor CCR5 in vascular injury model using targeted nanoparticle. J Nuc Med, 55: 629-634, 2014.
- Kvar C. Black, Yucai Wang, Hannah P. Luehmann, Xin Cai, Wenxin Xing, Bo Pang, Yongfeng Zhao, Cathy S. Cutler, Lihong V. Wang, Yongjian Liu, Younan Xia. Radioactive 198Au-doped nanostructures with different shapes for in vivo analyses of their biodistribution, tumor uptake, and intratumoral distribution. ACS Nano, 8: 4385-4394, 2014.