Patrícia M. R. Pereira
Washington University School of Medicine
Department of Radiology
510 S. Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO 63110
Clinical Sciences Research Building
(314) 273 4898
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Ribeiro Pereira Group is focused on preclinical research using multi-imaging modality that aims at modulating the availability of surface targets by elucidating their regulatory mechanisms to enhance antibody- and non-antibody-based tumor therapies. The Ribeiro Pereira Group has four major goals:
- Use biomolecules, ranging from small molecules to full-length antibodies, as tumor-targeting agents to deliver imaging or cytotoxic cargo
- Use multimodal imaging to monitor the binding of molecular-targeted compounds to tumors before and during therapy
- Use acute and temporal pharmacologic approaches to modulate tumor biology in ways that enhance tumor binding of antibody- and non-antibody-based cancer therapies
- Improve cancer diagnosis and treatment by combining basic tumor biology with preclinical knowledge and clinical needs
- Pereira PMR, Mandleywala K, Ragupathi A, Lewis JS. Acute Statin Treatment Improves Antibody Accumulation in EGFR- and PSMA-Expressing Tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2020 Dec 1; 26(23):6215-6229. Epub 2020 Sep 30. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-20-1960. PMID: 32998959. Cover image. Article featured in the Highlights of the December Issue.
- Pereira PMR, Norfleet J, Lewis JS, Escorcia FE. Immuno-PET Detects Changes in Multi-RTK Tumor Cell Expression Levels in Response to Targeted Kinase Inhibition. J Nucl Med. 2021 Mar; 62(3):366-371. Epub 2020 Jul 9. doi: 10.2967/jnumed.120.244897. PMID: 32646879; PMCID: PMC8049345. Cover image. March featured article of the month.
- Pereira PMR, Parada B, Ribeiro-Rodrigues TM, Fontes-Ribeiro CA, Girão H, Tomé JPC, Fernandes R. Caveolin-1 Modulation Increases Efficacy of a Galacto-Conjugated Phthalocyanine in Bladder Cancer Cells Resistant to Photodynamic Therapy. Mol Pharm. 2020 Jun; 17(6):2145-2154. doi: 10.1021/acs.molpharmaceut.0c00298. PMID: 32339462.
- Pereira PMR, Edwards KJ, Mandleywala K, Carter LM, Escorcia FE, Campesato LF, Cornejo M, Abma L, Mohsen AA, Iacobuzio-Donahue CA, Merghoub T, Lewis JS. iNOS Regulates the Therapeutic Response of Pancreatic Cancer Cells to Radiotherapy. Cancer Res. 2020 Apr; 80(8):1681-1692. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-19-2991. PMID: 32086240; PMCID: PMC7165066.
- Pereira PMR, Sharma SK, Carter LM, Edwards KJ, Pourat J, Ragupathi A, Janjigian YY, Durack JC, Lewis JS. Caveolin-1 mediates cellular distribution of HER2 and affects trastuzumab binding and therapeutic efficacy. Nat Commun. 2018 Dec 3; 9(1):e5137. doi: 10.1038/s41467-018-07608-w. PMID: 30510281; PMCID: PMC6277446.