Kooresh Isaac Shoghi
Washington University School of Medicine
Department of Radiology
Campus Box 8225
510 S. Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO 63110
4461 Clinical Sciences Research Building (CSRB)
Professor of Radiology, Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, and Computational Systems Biology
Co-Director, Preclinical PET/CT Imaging Facility
The research interests of my lab are cross-disciplinary spanning the biology of disease mechanisms, engineering and imaging sciences & informatics. Current projects include:
- Multi-tissue (e.g., heart, liver, muscle, adipose tissue) metabolic regulation of diabetes and its co-morbidities with emphasis on sex-differences in metabolic regulation
- Quantitative imaging to predict and assess response to therapy in cancer
- Development of quantitative imaging algorithms for preclinical and clinical imaging
- Development of tissue micro-bioreactors to enable research, discovery, and validation of imaging and therapeutic biomarkers
KI, Xu J, Su Y, He J, Rowland D, Yan Y, Garbow JR, Tu Z, Jones LA, Higashikubo
R, Wheeler KT, Lubet RA, Mach RH, You M. Quantitative receptor-based imaging of
tumor proliferation with the sigma-2 ligand [(18)F]ISO-1. PLoS One. 2013 Sep
20; 8(9):e74188. eCollection 2013. PMID: 24073202. PMCID: PMC3779213. doi:
- Whitehead TD, Nemanich ST, Dence C, Shoghi KI. A PET-compatible tissue bioreactor for research, discovery, and validation of imaging biomarkers and radiopharmaceuticals: system design and proof-of-concept studies. J Nucl Med. 2013 Oct;54(10):1812-1819. PMID: 23978447. PMCID: PMC3971724. doi: 10.2967/jnumed.113.119776.
- Nemanich S, Rani S, Shoghi K. In vivo multi-tissue efficacy of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ therapy on glucose and fatty acid metabolism in obese type 2 diabetic rats. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013 Dec; 21(12):2522-2529. PMID: 23512563. PMCID: PMC3695080. doi: 10.1002/oby.20378.
- Devanathan S, Whitehead T, Schweitzer GG, Fettig N, Kovacs A, Korach KS, Finck BN, Shoghi KI. An animal model with a cardiomyocyte-specific deletion of estrogen receptor alpha: functional, metabolic, and differential network analysis. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 7;9(7):e101900. eCollection 2014. PMID: 25000186. PMCID: PMC4085004. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0101900.