Washington University School of Medicine
Department of Radiology
510 S. Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO 63110
Room 3114 A
St. Louis, MO 63110
Instructor in Radiology
Our research emphases on uncovering the biomarkers of mental diseases and disorders, such as schizophrenia and mild cognitive impairment/Alzheimer's disease. We focus on the state-of-the-art multi-modal neuroimaging, neurophysiological, neuropharmacological, and machine learning/artificial intelligence methodologies and aim to aid on disease diagnosis, prognosis, and precision medicine.
- Investigation of multi-modal neuroimaging, neurophysiological, and neuropharmacological biomarkers in health and disease
- Development of brain image and signal analysis algorithms and frameworks
- Development of machine learning/artificial intelligence models and methods
- Clinical applications of quantitative methods
1. Chand GB, Dwyer DB, Erus G, Sotiras A, Varol E, Srinivasan D, Doshi J, Pomponio R, Pigoni A, Dazzan P, Kahn RS, Schnack HG, Zanetti MV, Meisenzahl E, Busatto GF, Crespo-Facorro B, Pantelis C, Wood SJ, Zhuo C, Shinohara RT, Shou H, Fan Y, Gur RC, Gur RE, Satterthwaite TD, Koutsouleris N, Wolf DH, and Davatzikos C “Two distinct neuroanatomical subtypes of schizophrenia revealed using machine learning”, Brain 143(3):1027-1038. doi: 10.1093/brain/awaa025 (2020).
2. Chand GB, Habes M, Dolui S, Detre JA, Wolk DA, and Davatzikos C “Estimating regional cerebral blood flow using resting-state functional MRI via machine learning”, J Neurosci Methods 331:108528. doi: 10.1016/j.jneumeth.2019.108528 (2020).
3. Chand GB, Hajjar I, and Qiu D “Disrupted interactions among the hippocampal, dorsal attention, and central-executive networks in amnestic mild cognitive impairment”, Human Brain Mapping 39(12):4987-4997. doi: 10.1002/hbm.24339 (2018).
4. Chand GB, Wu J, Hajjar I, and Qiu D “Interactions of the salience network and its subsystems with the default-mode and central-executive networks in normal aging and mild cognitive impairment”, Brain Connectivity 7(7):401-412. doi: 10.1089/brain.2017.0509 (2017).
5. Chand GB and Dhamala M “The salience network dynamics in perceptual decision-making”, Neuroimage 134: 85-93. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2016.04.018 (2016).