Fluorescence Spectrophotometer 300 - 1600 nm (Horiba)
The system has a T shape geometry, features a dual housing lamp with CW 450W xenon lamp for fluorescence and UV xenon flash tube for phosphorescence, a double grating excitation monochromator, cuvette holder with front face and right angle detection for measuring fluorescence in solution, solid and opaque systems, liquid nitrogen dewar assembly for measuring the samples at very low temperature and two imaging spectrographs iHR320 f/4.1 with a kinematic turret for to up to 3 gratings each.
- Variety of detectors: four high-sensitivity NIR detectors: thermoelectrically cooled R2658p PMT with sensitivity 185–1050 nm, thermoelectrically cooled to -70 C Synapse CCD (1024x256 pixel) detector with sensitivity 200–900 nm; thermoelectrically cooled H10330-45 PMT detector with sensitivity 950–1400 nm, and liquid nitrogen cooled linear InGaAs array detector Symphony II 512x50x1 with sensitivity 800–1700 nm.
- Lifetime modules The instrument features fluorescence lifetime module TCSPC with Xe subsecond pulse strobe, nanosecond pulsed sources NanoLeds 295, 370, 460, 560, 648, 700, 773 and 820 nm and picoseconds pulsed sources Delta 785 and 980 nm for measuring fluorescence and phosphorescence lifetimes.
- Polarizers: The system is equipped with automated polarizers for both S and T sides and a manual polarizer for lifetime measurements.
- Absolute measurements: The instrument is fiberoptically connected with external 6” integrating sphere to measure luminescent quantum yields of solids, liquids, powders, thin films and small light sources and calculate chromaticity.
- Fast kinetics: The system has an external stopped flow unit for measuring rapid kinetics of chemical reactions.
- Attached microscope The instrument also features an integrated fully automated microspot unit based on Olympus BX51 microscope with moving stage and automated pinhole assembly, 1.4 Mpix color fluorescence camera Lumenera 3C and 120W metal halide fluorescence illuminator X-cite with computer controlled iris. Fluorescence cubes: FITC, Cy5, Cy7 and others including custom made; objectives: 1,25X, 4X, 10X, 20X, 50X, reflecting objectives 15X, 70X and others.