NOTES for the users
- Staff (students and postdocs familiar with the instrument) are generally available from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday, their assistance requires an appointment.
- Some of the experiments, such as the use of Symphony II InGaAs detector or phosphorescence, require liquid nitrogen that has to be ordered separately two days ahead. Current cost $95 dollars per tank. You can arrange your own liquid nitrogen (3 liters min).
- Experiments requiring the usage of a Hamamatsu FL-1092 detector will be charged (x2) due to an expensive and short-lived sensor.
- Absolute quantum yield measurements require assistance due to a highly delicate nature of the integrating sphere. Matching quartz cuvettes with caps have to be brought.
- Most of the experiments can be conducted in plastic disposable cuvettes,that we normally carry in limited quantity. Quartz cuvettes are not provided and should be brought by the users.
GENERAL PRICING (Effective January 1, 2017)
FOR WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY:
Basic pay: $25 per hour, for assisted experiments: additional fee $40, 1 h minimum
OTHER UNIVERSITIES: (add 20% to the basic pay)
INDUSTRY: (add 65% to the basic pay)